New Trend in n/a Sales
I'm noticing a new trend:
1. 75% (6/8) of my last downloads are from n/a sales
2. I don't have any photos in the free section
3. ALL of my photos are in both private and public COLLECTIONS
What does this mean: (My Conclusions)?
1. The search engine has changed and since I have very little depth in my portfolio (high level images with lots of dls) it doesn't favor me. My images don't usually come to the first couple of pages in keyword searches....
2. Regardless of the search engine change, buyers are finding my photos and 75% of the time the images they by are NOT found by keywords.
3. Since I don't have any photos in the free section, the only ways buyers can find my images without keywords would be: 1. COLLECTIONS and 2. making me as a FAVORITE photographer.
4. I manage 9 collections (5 which are private and I've linked to them on MY PROFILE page) The views on my private collections (images just from me) range from 28-73 views. My public collections have a view range of 120-335.
So my photos are getting looked at by someone....and since I've seen an increase in n/a sales - maybe COLLECTIONS are the vehicle for getting downloads?
1. No sales, No COLLECTIONS ------> create some, then watch closely to see if n/a downloads start happening
2. Create both private and public collections, this is a good way for members to see what type of photos are popular and help replace the unhappiness of not being able to see ALL views on ones portfolio.
3. Stay Positive. Keep shooting high quality useable photos and the downloads/sales should follow! :)
I'd be really curious to hear what other members think. What experience have you had with COLLECTIONS? Is anyone else noticing this same upward trend in n/a sales? Do members see any flaws in my conclusions? Any and ALL feedback welcome!
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it