Nikon D3100 and 4 new lenses announced!
Nikon has just announced a new entry-level body, and 4 new lenses to its legendary Nikkor lineup.
The official specifications of the D3100 are:
-DX format, 14.4 megapixel
-Full HD video recording@1920 x 1080 at 24 frames/sec
-ISO sensitivity of native ISO 100-3200 with Hi1 6400 and Hi2 12800
-Live view mode and auto focus during video recording
-11 auto focus points to ensure everything is in focus for sharp images
As mentioned before, I was interested to find out details regarding the ISO figures for the D3100. It turned out that the native ISO range goes up to 3200, while both 6400 and 12800 are “Hi” settings. “Hi” settings are just boosts to the original native ISO range and in most cases are not preferred if optimal image quality is preferred. However, it may come in useful in emergencies or when large prints are not required. More will be confirmed after reviews are out.
The new lenses announced are as mentioned before:
-Nikkor AF-S DX 55-300 f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR
-Nikkor AF-S 85 f/1.4 G (nano coating)
-Nikkor AF-S 24-120 f/4 G ED VR (nano coating)
-Nikkor AF-S 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR
Only the AFS 55-300 is a DX lens while the rest are all FX. AFS 28-300 is meant to provide an ultra zoom for FX users, just like the AFS 18-200 for DX users.
For other articles, visit http://www.truphotos.com/blog
Photo credits: Kuzma.
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success
- Happy Dog's Happy Ending
- Tip of the Week: What Defines a Professional Camera
- American Local Travel: California National Parks (Sequoia and King's Canyon)