Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 14th April 2009 - Nikon Europe is pleased to announce the introduction of a new DSLR for the hobbyist and for family fun: the D5000. Packed with features that make taking pictures easy and fun, this camera stands out above the competition with its unique vari-angle LCD monitor, which allows you to shoot easily from any angle you can imagine.
The Nikon D5000 has inherited the D90’s groundbreaking HD movie capability, Nikon’s proprietary D-Movie function. Coupled with extensive in-camera editing features, a wide choice of scene modes, 12.3MP sensor and high-sensitivity between ISO 200 and 3200 (which can be extended to ISO 100 and ISO 6400 equivalent) for shooting in a wide range of lighting conditions, this camera makes it easier than ever to take great quality pictures.
* 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor
Coupled with Nikon's EXPEED image processing and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking picture quality is assured.
* D-Movie Mode with sound
Record 720p HD movie clips enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
* Vari-angle color LCD monitor
Position the 2.7-inch monitor freely for fresh shooting perspectives. Screen flips inward for safe keeping.
* 19 Auto-exposure Scene Modes
Capture stunning photos in challenging picture-taking situations including Sunsets, Candlelight, Silhouette, Portrait, Landscape, Beach/Snow, and more.
* One-button Live View
Easy Live View access offers 4 autofocus modes, including Face-priority AF.
* Continuous shooting as fast as 4 frames per second
Combined with fast power-up and split-second shutter response, decisive moments are captured easily without annoying shooting lag.
* Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
Engineered for exceptional low-light shooting.
* Built-in image sensor cleaning
Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning keeps images spot free.
* 11-point Autofocus System with 3D Focus Tracking
Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor sharpness.
Auto Active D-Lighting
Restores lost shadow and highlight detail in high contrast exposures—Selectable and Auto modes available.
* In-camera Retouch image editing
Creative in-camera image editing, featuring Soft Filter, Straighten, Color Outline Effect, Perspective Control, Red-eye Correction, Image Overlay, Monochrome and more—all without a computer.
* Picture Control Settings for personal image control
Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape and 9 customizable settings.
* Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II
Nikon’s renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates each scene for unmatched exposure accuracy.
* Durable, high precision shutter
Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures precision and long shutter life.
* GPS Geo-tagging
GP-1 GPS unit (optional) automatically identifies and records every image’s latitude, longitude and altitude, with satellite time-of-day.
Photo credits: Djslavic.
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?