Nikon VR On or Off? How to see in EXIF.
Sometimes you want to see if a photo was taken with VR On or Off. Usual image editing or viewing software don't show this.
This is how I do:
- Unzip in a root folder, I put it in C: because you will have to write a command line in Command window and will be easier.
- Copy your photo in that folder.
- Start - Run - Command to open the black Command window.
- Make sure at your cursor is C:> then type: cd exiv2
then type: exiv2.exe -g Exif.NikonVr.VibrationReduction Your_photo.jpg
(-g will display only VR related exif info).
A message like this: "Exif.NikonVr.VibrationReduction Byte 3 On" means that your VR was ON.
If not, you will see this message: "Exif.NikonVr.VibrationReduction Byte 2 Off"
Happy testing your results with VR on or off. Have a nice day and don't forget to click on Useful (top-right). It's easy. Thanks.
- 2017 in review - November and December: Bucharest protests renewed, Remembrance Day, AMA, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Christmas Around the World and more
- Love that couple!
- Commercial vs Editorial: why limit yourself?
- How to Easily (and Legally!) Create Olympic-Themed Ads
- Epic Design Tips for Creating Movie Posters
Photo credits: Radub85.