North to Alaska
The second was the Mendenhall Glacier, near Juneau. It is receding, but being accessible by land you can get quite close. Juneau was a neat town in that it is not so touristy as some of the other typical cruise destinations (Skagway, Icy Strait Point). Juneau is the capital and has government, mining and fishing to bring the place alive. We stopped in an art gallery and had a chance to talk with some of the local photographers - a great experience!
Photo credits: , Brad Calkins.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget