North Xinjiang's Kanas Lake
Near the border of Kirgistan, Mongolia and Sibiria, a woderfull lake Kanas in north Xinjiang is where Tuwa minority lives.
The "treasure Light" integrates with the beautiful Kanas Lake view, the white glaciers, the green Grassland, the boundless forest, and the mist in mountains, will make you feel as if you were in a fairyland. Surrounded by snowcapped mountains that are reflected on the water, in autumn the long bean-shaped lake presents a pretty landscape of forests in all imaginable colors.
The name Kanasi Hu means “beautiful, rich and mysterious” in Mongolian and if one sees it changing the colors several times each day, he will understand why. On the south bank of the lake lives the Mongolian tribe Tuwa. The valiant ethnic minority believes in Lamaism and has a long History and special folk costums.
Photo credits: Chenyun Fan.
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch