Is Nuclear Power Worth The Risk?
In Washington D.C. many protests are unannounced. I was down at Lafayette Park next to the White House to check out the protest scene on 3/20/11 and listened to music and speeches from a small group protesting nuclear weapons and nuclear power. Obviously nuclear power has its drawbacks but if oil keeps getting more expensive many countries have the unpleasant alternative of accepting nuclear power if the price is more reasonable. Everything from homes to electric cars can run off of electricity. If gas costs as much as $10 a gallon would you accept nuclear power as an alternative to run your electric car? Nobody has found a foolproof way to generate this type of energy. The recent disaster in Japan points this out. I would try to develop other sources of energy such as solar and wind power first since the idea of having to move out of my house in the event of nuclear contamination does not appeal to me.
In Japan many people have had to abandon their homes including all their prized possessions such as furniture, jewelry, photo albums, keepsakes etc. Whole cities such as Chernobyl in Russia had to be relocated-maybe now people can start to move back in. Countries around the world have some difficult choices ahead as the oil fields start to run out.
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking