The many scattered island of Sardinia Nuraghe deal certainly a prominent place among the monuments left in the basin
Western Mediterranean from various cultures in ancient times there have occurred.
These majestic buildings have a crucial role in the Sardinian landscape, much to impress the visitor's mind as a characteristic of a mysterious and extraordinary land and points the symbol and emblem of an entire people.
"The nuraghi" says Giovanni Lilliu well, distinguished scholar of archeology
Sardinian "mean charm of Sardinia, as well as virgin nature and boundless, beyond the sea. "
Those who are about seven, more or less well preserved, have come to us, but the origin and destruction first of many which are
meeting went, their number had to be certainly greater.
The name of this characteristic monument comes from the word Nurra that means "pile", "accumulation" but also "hollow". And it is perhaps for this double meaning that the term was applied to form
original Nuraghe, a building came up for "accumulation" of large stones with a busy room and indoor dome
Photo credits: Cristian Carboni.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite