The many scattered island of Sardinia Nuraghe deal certainly a prominent place among the monuments left in the basin
Western Mediterranean from various cultures in ancient times there have occurred.
These majestic buildings have a crucial role in the Sardinian landscape, much to impress the visitor's mind as a characteristic of a mysterious and extraordinary land and points the symbol and emblem of an entire people.
"The nuraghi" says Giovanni Lilliu well, distinguished scholar of archeology
Sardinian "mean charm of Sardinia, as well as virgin nature and boundless, beyond the sea. "
Those who are about seven, more or less well preserved, have come to us, but the origin and destruction first of many which are
meeting went, their number had to be certainly greater.
The name of this characteristic monument comes from the word Nurra that means "pile", "accumulation" but also "hollow". And it is perhaps for this double meaning that the term was applied to form
original Nuraghe, a building came up for "accumulation" of large stones with a busy room and indoor dome
Photo credits: Cristian Carboni.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready