One from Hobbyink
Ok, I'm using the credits I accumulate to highlight particular photos that I find particularly effective. These little "mini-critiques" are designed to call attention to what I think makes these particular photo's great.
I think this photo does a really effective job of carrying its intended message. Here are the things that strike me as particularly effective:
1. The field of focus is just right. It takes my eye right to the action (literally) of this gun. The whisp of smoke is just perfect. It lets me know that this is not some staged shot in a studio. This is the real deal - smoke, fire, guns and bullets. How much better does it get?
2. The shooter's hand is also in focus and speaks "action" and he's ready to fire again. Had it just been a gun absent smoke and hand - it would have just been a prop. But with the smoke and hand - its an action shot and makes me think of the next shot to come.
3. Someone might observe that the photo lacks super vibrant colors. While that would certainly be great for a nature shot or landscape, I believe super-vibrant colors would have ruined this shot. The imaging here is much more consistent with a military look and feel: gritty, realistic, REAL.
So, I say - great photo - it accomplishes its mission very effectively.
Any suggestions for a caption?
Photo credits: Teresa Kenney.
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?