One from Hobbyink
Ok, I'm using the credits I accumulate to highlight particular photos that I find particularly effective. These little "mini-critiques" are designed to call attention to what I think makes these particular photo's great.
I think this photo does a really effective job of carrying its intended message. Here are the things that strike me as particularly effective:
1. The field of focus is just right. It takes my eye right to the action (literally) of this gun. The whisp of smoke is just perfect. It lets me know that this is not some staged shot in a studio. This is the real deal - smoke, fire, guns and bullets. How much better does it get?
2. The shooter's hand is also in focus and speaks "action" and he's ready to fire again. Had it just been a gun absent smoke and hand - it would have just been a prop. But with the smoke and hand - its an action shot and makes me think of the next shot to come.
3. Someone might observe that the photo lacks super vibrant colors. While that would certainly be great for a nature shot or landscape, I believe super-vibrant colors would have ruined this shot. The imaging here is much more consistent with a military look and feel: gritty, realistic, REAL.
So, I say - great photo - it accomplishes its mission very effectively.
Any suggestions for a caption?
Photo credits: Teresa Kenney.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava