One Hundred Sales!
Just yesterday, I reached my 100th sale here at Dreamstime. For me this is a huge milestone as less than a year ago, April 2008, I submitted two photos that started my journey into micro stock photography. The photos were accepted and within a few weeks, I had my first sale. The joy and feeling of accomplishment of having one’s work accepted into the commercial world is amazing. This has been inspirational in driving me to work harder, learn more, and practice the techniques offered in blogs and tutorials by many talented and generous members of the Dreamstime family.
Taking photographs and capturing images is something I would do regardless of the financial gain. However, learning to take better photos by gaining knowledge of my equipment and post processing techniques makes taking photos immensely more enjoyable.
Therefore, in closing I offer my sincere thanks to the many that have offered the helpful tips and tutorials. Thanks to the Dreamstime team for considering my images and many thanks to the buyers that have purchased the images.
My One hundredth sale, a lioness stalking
Cheers to all -- Marilyn
Photo credits: Marilyn Gould.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror