One of the many peaks around Sölden
View from Schwarzkogel (3018m) - In the middle the Rotkogel, the Schwarzsee, at the right the Schwarzseekogel; in between, very distant the Rotkogelhütte.
The road to the Rotkogelhütte is used to stock this and other mountain restaurant. The area above Sölden is intensively reshaped to serve the ski industry. However, during the summer the white ski slopes turn into green.
After a few hours of walking rock is everywhere. At one side red, brownish rock is falling down from the Rotkogel and from the other side grey, black stones from the Schwarzkogel.
Before the ascent of the Schwarzkogel, there is a little lake, the Schwarzsee. Ice still floats on the surface.
Opposed to the dull part on the road to the Rotkogelhütte the hiking to the Rotkogel or Schwarzkogel is a nice challenge. In the view on the glaciers to the south limited: clouds come and go. A few glimpses on the icy slopes of the Rettenbachferner.
On the picture, you can see at the left a narrow valley with the Pollesbach stream.
Location in Google Maps (approx.)
Photo credits: Leen Smits.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget