One picture short story.
Some pictures have interesting stories. This one may be interesting for dreamstimers.
It was before last Christmas. I heard a sound of a strong blow in my window. Coming out I found a bullfinch lying in front of the window in the snow without showing any indication being alive. It was very cold outside, some 35 degrees below zero Centigrade.
I took him in to the house. The bullfinch didn't move, the eyes were closed. We thought he was dead and decided how to bury a poor bird tomorrow. But later in the evening the bullfinch still lying opened one eye - he was alive! Next day he could fly in the house. And surprisingly at that moment this wild bird was not afraid of us at all. The bullfinch could spend good time on the daughter's head, liked to land down to my laptop computer and adored to fly to the kitchen to ask my wife for a snack.
But the most amazing thing happened when I decided to take a picture of him for memory. I could do it only once. The bullfinch sat on my camera. After that every time he just saw the camera he was in a hurry to sit down on it! I was not able to take pictures! I could solve the problem only after setting a spare camera on a tripod. This was the place where the bullfinch spent a lot of his time. I decided he was an amateur photographer. A colleague. And a friend.
Photo credits: Yury Shirokov.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images