One strike, one hit, on base first time at bat
So I finally got my 50 images online a couple of months ago and the current assignment was the first opportunity that I had to participate. Once I read the assignment I was very excited. I live in a area where we have several UNESCO World Heritage sites, one only a 5 minute walk from my mother-in-law’s house. Last week we were having a family get together and I had a plan in my head to get some pictures for the assignment after dinner so I loaded the camera, tripod, and remote in the car and headed to Grandma’s house. After dinner I took a walk down the street, set up the camera, and started shooting. It was a perfect night. The moon was out and in just the right position. I used the tripod and remote to minimize shake and went to town.
For this assignment I submitted 2 images. The first image was just a test image that I already had approved to figure out how to submit to assignments and was rejected, strike one. My second submission sat in the queue for a while but eventually got accepted! So now I have my first level 5 image and a chance at the big prize in my first time at bat. Thanks DT!
Photo credits: Mvogel.
- Tip of the week: How to be more visible to buyers
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience