One strike, one hit, on base first time at bat
So I finally got my 50 images online a couple of months ago and the current assignment was the first opportunity that I had to participate. Once I read the assignment I was very excited. I live in a area where we have several UNESCO World Heritage sites, one only a 5 minute walk from my mother-in-law’s house. Last week we were having a family get together and I had a plan in my head to get some pictures for the assignment after dinner so I loaded the camera, tripod, and remote in the car and headed to Grandma’s house. After dinner I took a walk down the street, set up the camera, and started shooting. It was a perfect night. The moon was out and in just the right position. I used the tripod and remote to minimize shake and went to town.
For this assignment I submitted 2 images. The first image was just a test image that I already had approved to figure out how to submit to assignments and was rejected, strike one. My second submission sat in the queue for a while but eventually got accepted! So now I have my first level 5 image and a chance at the big prize in my first time at bat. Thanks DT!
Photo credits: Mvogel.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs