One year ago...
About one year ago my Microstock career started. Ambitions were high, initial portfolio was ready and it was only a question whether or not the right agency was out there :)
I checked many of them.. read reviews.. signup policies.. and so on. Finally after some baby steps it ended up with Dreamstime.
It was now that we should go hand in hand and show the world!
How did it go then? Well - the acceptance ratio started high and now it is on its way back up again!
Actually - even though I sense some inconsistency in rejections - then I must admit that most times the rejection reasons are valid.
Many evenings has been used for reading blogs, articles and looking at some of all the beautiful pictures in here.
There is always something to learn, and sharing knowledge benefits everybody.
My advice to whomever that can use it, is that finding your way around in here, is like liquid water. If you keep on learning from others experience and reflect over you own work, then you will find a clear path, that hopefully will give you lots of views and sales. It is up to you to work on the size and depth of your path :)
I think my path is slowly starting to get a shape where personal satisfaction can go hand in hand with sales :)
Photo credits: Expozer.
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller