Our Heritage in Photos
Now that I am in my 50s, I have years and years of photos and negatives in chronological order. If I ever want to find a particular photo, I can easily go back and find it.
I mention this because it has LONG been a source of sadness to me when I go into an antique store and find scores of beautiful old photographs that obviously cost someone some money back in their years and the family (descendants) do not know where or who their ancestors were.
When I teach scrapbooking, I emphasize the importance of including the 5 Ws as listed above and focus on journaling and using archive-quality materials instead of so much decoration. Some people fall for all the pretty stickers, especially the 3-D ones and do not realize that the beads, staples and raised parts can actually damage your precious photos.
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama