Over $4000 earnings, and have not contributed for years
I joined Dreamstime back in 2006, and way back at the start I was hungry to get 1,000 images online.
But work requirements dragged me away. In fact, my Canon 5d has not been turned on for over 2 years. Although my love of looking at photos has never waned.
But what I wanted to share with new photographers is the benefit of Dreamstime to those of us who get distracted. You see, the time your image is online and selling is a huge benefit to you. I opened up my account today to find another $160 in sales. Over the time I have earned over $4000. The more times you sell an image, the more it is worth to the site, and to you. That means, even if your images are old, if they have currency, they are valuable. And you can sell less but earn MORE. MUCH MORE
Anyway, after only 8 years I am hardly an expert or a veteran, but I wanted to share these tips with new photographers to the site.
Remember, enjoy your work, have fun, and shoot with passion.
Photo credits: David Hilcher.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite