Over the shoulder technique to reduce camera shake without tripod
Forgot to bring your tripod and desperately want to use your non-image stabilized tele without camera-shake? Use the "over-the-shoulder" technique!
Support the long lens on your left shoulder (this is easier for lefties (left eye dominant)) and aim it backwards. Yes, it seems like looking over your shoulder, but this way you provide a solid base for your lens. Don't drink too much or rest your hip against a wall.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget