Palm Sunday in Ukraine
Palm Sunday, as everywhere is celebrated exactly the week before Easter!
Christians come to the church for the service of God, taking with them the willow branches. Willow branches, because in Ukraine there is no Palm trees and nowhere to take palm leaves.
After the Divine Liturgy, people create a passage in the middle.
Now comes the priest who sprinkles the willow branches with holy water and bless people.
After that, people are greeted, easily beat each other with willow branches and saying: "Not I'm beating - willow beats, from now a week will be Easter".
Best wishes from Ukraine,
Photo credits: Roman Demkiv.
- 12 tips to make your journey photogenic
- Best road trip destinations around the world
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road