Palm Sunday in Ukraine
Palm Sunday, as everywhere is celebrated exactly the week before Easter!
Christians come to the church for the service of God, taking with them the willow branches. Willow branches, because in Ukraine there is no Palm trees and nowhere to take palm leaves.
After the Divine Liturgy, people create a passage in the middle.
Now comes the priest who sprinkles the willow branches with holy water and bless people.
After that, people are greeted, easily beat each other with willow branches and saying: "Not I'm beating - willow beats, from now a week will be Easter".
Best wishes from Ukraine,
Photo credits: Roman Demkiv.
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?