A passion, a change of life
I was born and raised in Taiwan. Got a BA in English there and came to US for my graduated studies. I got a MS in graphic design, right now I'm working at a publisher doing mainly newspaper layouts. I went to drawing classes when I was a kid. Unlike most of parents in Taiwan only care about the school grades, my parents encouraged me to explore something outside the classroom. I did some drawing, some piano, and lot of sports. However, the passion about doing illustration just came back to me recently in a totally different form.
Because of the low budget at work, I was forced to make out lot of things from nothing. I realized that I was actually not too bad at it, and I really enjoyed doing it. Now, making illustrations is something I can have fun and total freedom with to balance my long-hour boring newspaper production time.
I don't think I will become a full-time illustrator, but I would love to be a graphic designer who can draw. And here, is where I start. :)
Photo credits: Tang167.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project
- Turning an ordinary shoot plan into a great one
- Death Valley National Park - The hottest place on earth and the lowest point in North America
- November 2018 Farm Harvest In Iowa
- Cost Saving Tips Every Pro Photographer Should Know