It Pays To Advertise
We recently experienced a second devastating earthquake here in my home town of Christchurch, New Zealand. I have taken photos of the damage caused to houses, streets and buildings and uploaded these to Dreamstime as Editorial images.Dreamstime Earthquake Collection via targeted emails. I sent an email to all major newspapers in New Zealand, neighbouring countries and the main daily papers in the U.S. and U.K.
The results were almost instantaneous and within just a few days I had more than doubled my revenue from any previous month.
Another interesting result was that the majority of these downloads were credit sales (as opposed to subscription sales) and therefore the revenue was 100% higher than my download average.
I would be very interested to learn about your advertising campaigns.
Photo credits: Nigel Spiers.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon