People on stage
I have set a goal of getting pictures of as many presidential contenders as I can before the Iowa caucus. I started with Donald Trump. Looking at the stage lighting, I wasn't sure what to do as it was fairly dark and I have a hard time hand holding my camera for long exposures.
I decided on a combination of open aperature, underexposure, and higher ISO. The settings that gave me the best results were an f-number of 5.6, -2.33 on exposure and ISO of 640 or 800. Then I brought back a bit of the lighting in post. Depending on your equipment and the venue lighting, these may definitely need to be adjusted, but I am remembering them as a good place to start my test shots.
Here is an example of one of my Trump pictures. There are more in my port. I like the way the underexposure "blacked out" a distracting background.
Photo credits: Cjh Photography Llc.
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day
- Stock Photography - 5 Secret ideas by Successful Microstockers
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bear
- Autumn is almost over.