People on stage
I have set a goal of getting pictures of as many presidential contenders as I can before the Iowa caucus. I started with Donald Trump. Looking at the stage lighting, I wasn't sure what to do as it was fairly dark and I have a hard time hand holding my camera for long exposures.
I decided on a combination of open aperature, underexposure, and higher ISO. The settings that gave me the best results were an f-number of 5.6, -2.33 on exposure and ISO of 640 or 800. Then I brought back a bit of the lighting in post. Depending on your equipment and the venue lighting, these may definitely need to be adjusted, but I am remembering them as a good place to start my test shots.
Here is an example of one of my Trump pictures. There are more in my port. I like the way the underexposure "blacked out" a distracting background.
Photo credits: Cjh Photography Llc.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava