Of peppermint and candy canes
simple stripes, simple colors, simple design and yet it almost immediately will bring to mind the feeling of the holidays.
you can almost smell the scent, taste the cool mint and visualize the shape of the peppermint stick or the curve of the cane.
for a somewhat traditional variation i threw in a little green and gold, and still they remind you of holiday wrapping paper and gifts under the tree. with all the hustle and bustle of the season, it is nice to know such a simple design can bring about the feeling of the holiday season. it doesn't have to be flashy or bright.
red and white, straight lines on a page , yet a well recognized icon of the season, a treat from our youth and a wonderful reminder of the reason for the season.
The story of the candy cane can be read here if you wish..
Christmas will be here before you know it. I pray it will be a simple joy for you and those you love.
edited by admin - moved images, provided linkable site
Photo credits: Denise Milana Beverly.
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles