Perfect Little Models
My perfect little models only stand about 12" tall and they are quite the little posers. Meerkats are my perfect little models which I really enjoy photographing them. The first time I ever heard of a Meerkat was from the Disney movie "Lion King" but never really thought of them except during that movie. I only started getting interested into Meerkats after the show "Meerkat Manor" was introduced on Animal Planet. Ever since that show I am always making sure to stop by the Meerkat exhibit at any zoo I visit if they have them.
Meerkats are very curious creatures and seem to enjoy getting their photograph taken. Many times when I am photographing the Meerkats they will follow my lens around the enclosure and then stop and stare up at me when I am taking their picture. Some times they are a little too close and I can not get the shot but they are still acting cute for me so I just sit there and watch them until they move into a better position for me. Feeding times is one of the best times to get pictures of Meerkats at zoos because the Meerkats know that it is about time for them to get fed so they go on full alert watching and waiting for a keeper to arrive with their food. The photo of the five Meerkats standing up was taken right when the keeper came out with their food to feed them.
My main subjects for photography was always the big cats, bears and gorillas but Meerkats have now won a special place in my heart too :)
Some of my favorite Meerkat Pictures that have made it to Dreamstime:
Photo credits: , Susan Pettitt.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective