Pet Adoption Photography: India
It is so sad the prejudices that people have. Not only can we unjustly despise other nationalities and races, but these inner biases can also play out against certain dog breeds. There are some dogs that are a bit harder to get adopted simply because of their breed. That is where the dog rescue photography comes in!
“India” was a 5 month old puppy that was picked up by an Animal Control Officer on July 16, 2018. She was cute…! She was playful…! She was just a puppy…! So what would it matter what breed she was? Well, simply being a Pit Bull would limit the number of people that might be interested in adopting her.
I wanted a photo that would show her tender and submissive personality. Several shots were straight-on stares at the camera. She still looked cute, but I wanted a softer look. As our photo session got longer, India got bored and laid her head down for a bit. Perfect! Through this somewhat somber-faced photograph she was noticed on the adoption websites and went into a loving home just four days after posting her photos!
Photo credits: William Wise.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media