As a foster mom for streetkittens, I just couldn't resist those cute little faces and ran behind those little basterds with my camera ALL THE TIME. That's where it all started...
I have always been into photography since I was little, but it was never more than some buildings and family portraits. Untill I started taking care of streetcats. As a foster mom, you know those lovely animals will leave some day to go to there forever home. I had to have something to hold on to, to keep the memory of all my little children alive. So I started making pictures of them, a lot, and gradually, I got better at it.
My pictures got noticed by some people, so I started using this in the advantage of the shelter programme. I made pictures of ALL the kittens, just to increase their chance for adoption.
Nowadays, I am a pet photographer (Whiskers and Tails) and I shoot cats, dogs and horses. I love to capture their personality and soul, their beauty and their joy.
- If you shoot pets, always get to know them first! Say hi, let them snif the camera, make a few clicks (to have them get used to the sound)
- Always bring snacks! Animals are very motivated by food ;)
- Enough pauzes! Being a supermodel is exhausting...
- Be patient... Animals can get distracted real quickly, so don't give up and just try again. Sooner or later, you will get that perfect shot :)
Photo credits: Ellenvanloon.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Make Money Selling Online Stock Photography With Cheap Camera Equipment
- Getting older!
- Stock Photography - Here is How to Create Images that Sell
- Some of my gear throughout my stock experience
- Camera Equipment for Christmas?
- Izmir (Traveling Turkey Series - 2)
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past