People of the past wrote diaries, I remember during my primary school days, there were cute diaries that came with locks. So much for the secrecy back then.
Next came along blogs, taking the world by storm, creating 'full time jobs' for some, changing the world with individualistic perspectives from every corner. Blogs became an in-thing.
Now, photography has taken a big leap in terms of dominating blogs - photo blogs, photo journals.
Like they always say, a picture speaks a thousand words. Some people on the popular photo sharing website www.flickr.com adheres to a self imposed rule of having a photo taken everyday. They tag this event as 365days.
Everyday a photograph will represent their day, their mood, their expressions. Some see it in as a picture of themselves, some uses abstract while some others include scenes from the streets.
Photography is today's necessity more than a want. People feel that having a photo defines their lifestyle in their blog so much more. Having a photo saves so much time explaining what they did and who they hanged out with.
Look, we are now compelled to post a photo even with our blog! Surprisingly I only realised this as I am about to add my photo... haha!
Photo credits: Koh Sze Kiat.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory