Photo contests, more and more a race for our money
This whole year we have been getting mails about entering contests. of course there are a few that really bring you your exposure and a slight amount of fame.
But most of them don't bring you anything. They only bring the organisation your money.
10 USD up to 150 USD for just entering your photo in the competition. And what do you get when you win? 1500 USD and a publication in a their own book which of course you get for free but will be sold worldwide to others. Think about 1000 entries a 50 USD and it is very simple mathematics to see who really wins the contest.
Only one time I entered myself and the result would be known next week. But it seems they have not raised enough money from the contestants (How can they with a competition of about 150 other contests?) So they simply extended the deadline up to the end of the year with the reason of implementing a new pay system this month that delayed some payments. What does this bring us? Yep more competition in the contest. What does it bring the organization? Yep more money.
One word of advice to all. Do not enter any contest that asks money to participate. It will only cost you.
Photo credits: Pressmaster.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava