Photo contests, more and more a race for our money
This whole year we have been getting mails about entering contests. of course there are a few that really bring you your exposure and a slight amount of fame.
But most of them don't bring you anything. They only bring the organisation your money.
10 USD up to 150 USD for just entering your photo in the competition. And what do you get when you win? 1500 USD and a publication in a their own book which of course you get for free but will be sold worldwide to others. Think about 1000 entries a 50 USD and it is very simple mathematics to see who really wins the contest.
Only one time I entered myself and the result would be known next week. But it seems they have not raised enough money from the contestants (How can they with a competition of about 150 other contests?) So they simply extended the deadline up to the end of the year with the reason of implementing a new pay system this month that delayed some payments. What does this bring us? Yep more competition in the contest. What does it bring the organization? Yep more money.
One word of advice to all. Do not enter any contest that asks money to participate. It will only cost you.
Photo credits: Pressmaster.
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day
- Stock Photography - 5 Secret ideas by Successful Microstockers
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bear
- Autumn is almost over.