Photo on film and digital
Several months ago, I made a photo, that I shot both on film and digital. I am in love with slide films - they are the best quality that we as photographers could achieve - that's my opinion. Unfortunately I don't have film scanner so I made the digital copy just to have it online, to show it to my friends and to upload it here for stock. At that time the only digital equipment I had was Olympus E-500 with kit lens. The film I used is Kodak Ektachrome VS - one of the best! :) Especially for that type of photos. And so several months passed till I got the chance to scan the slide frame and when I open the two files... I was amazed. Everyone had looked at many film vs digital tests and whatever... but when you make it yourself, and you know how it looked in real life and than on photo... I think only than you realize the differences. Now I will post the two images, which are without changes - I am not very good at postproduction, and I fixed them just a little bit, especially the scanned one, to reach the real slide, which is actually impossible - the slide is much much better! But I can't show it to you, so here they are:
Photo credits: Astrug.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget