Photographers with Cameras
As a photographer, I often wonder what other photographers look like, so I spent a little time looking through some of the pictures of photographers on Dreamstime. In many cases someone had taken a photograph of a photographer whilst the photographer herself/himself was taking a photograph.
This concept struck me as a little bizarre – did the photographer know they were being photographed? Had they taken the photograph of themselves as a working self-portrait? The more I thought about it, the more intrigued I became so I decided to create a collection of photographs of photographers with their cameras.
As there are hundreds of pictures of photographers on Dreamstime there had to be some way of narrowing them down to create a collection. But what criteria should I apply to begin that process? I decided to include only pictures of “real” photographers, not models with cameras posing for a photographer.
Despite being ruthless the models made it in – some of the shots were just so compelling they had to be included. We must be a good looking lot as (glamour shots aside) it was quite hard at times to distinguish who was a “real” photographer and who was a model.
I enjoyed creating the "Photographers with Cameras" collection – have a look as your self-portrait might be in it or your photograph of a photographer taking a photograph might be in it. I had fun trying to work out if the person in the photograph is a photographer or a model....can you tell?
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco