Photographers with Cameras
As a photographer, I often wonder what other photographers look like, so I spent a little time looking through some of the pictures of photographers on Dreamstime. In many cases someone had taken a photograph of a photographer whilst the photographer herself/himself was taking a photograph.
This concept struck me as a little bizarre – did the photographer know they were being photographed? Had they taken the photograph of themselves as a working self-portrait? The more I thought about it, the more intrigued I became so I decided to create a collection of photographs of photographers with their cameras.
As there are hundreds of pictures of photographers on Dreamstime there had to be some way of narrowing them down to create a collection. But what criteria should I apply to begin that process? I decided to include only pictures of “real” photographers, not models with cameras posing for a photographer.
Despite being ruthless the models made it in – some of the shots were just so compelling they had to be included. We must be a good looking lot as (glamour shots aside) it was quite hard at times to distinguish who was a “real” photographer and who was a model.
I enjoyed creating the "Photographers with Cameras" collection – have a look as your self-portrait might be in it or your photograph of a photographer taking a photograph might be in it. I had fun trying to work out if the person in the photograph is a photographer or a model....can you tell?
How to shoot events
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop