Photographing Children - Go With the Flow
Recognize his/her mood. Is your subject cautious, silly, shy or frightened? Is he insecure, frustrated, wild or crabby? Perhaps she's clinging to Mom. Or maybe she's sleepy.
Use his feelings to compliment the session. Don't try to change her personality to fit your ideas. Change your ideas to fit the mood. Once you have some beautiful images and gain your subject's trust, then you can manipulate the mood a bit more. But in the beginning, just go with the flow.
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry