Photography Goals for 2009
December 24, 2008
I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of my photography goals for 2009.
1. Start a local photography club. A monthly get together among friends and neighbors to discuss photography, learn more about our cameras and go on local photography expeditions.
2. Buy a new tripod. Research different brands and find a tripod and ball head to meet my needs and budget.
3. Find a small sturdy camera bag. I feel that if I had a better camera bag, I would be more likely to take my camera with me each time I leave the house. Many times in the past, even while just running errands, I have thought, "I wish I had my camera!"
4. Study landscape photography. I will be taking a week long trip to Wyoming this July and will need some tips to get ready.
5. Continue to take flower photographs. I love to photograph flowers, but I will not send them to Dreamstime. Tempting as it is, I think they have plenty. Why lower my acceptance ratio?
6. Enter a Dreamstime photo contest. I have yet to do this. Just getting out and taking some photos for a contest might yield new ones for the portfolio.
7. Learn more about my new flash. I recently purchased a 430EX for my Canon and have yet to use it on anything but automatic.
8. Upload photos to my portfolio on a regular basis. Sometimes I let several months go by without uploading any new photos.
9. Take more stock photos with people included. My portfolio needs more people, faces included. This would be a great step towards more sales.
10. Practice automotive photography. I take a lot of automobile photos. I would like to learn about attractive angles, better backgrounds and lighting.
This is a good list. If I can accomplish all of or at the least part of each goal, 2009 will be a great year for photography!
Related image searches
Learning related image searches
This article has been read 1096 times. Photo credits: Kathryn Sidenstricker.