Photography is a job
I want to share my thoughts with you since I read frustrating lines in message boards about Stock Photography.
I think photography is a nice job and "Stock Photography" is a part of it. Besides if you have nice stock portfolio which you can show to your clients it will also help you to get new jobs as well as it makes your market value higher.
Sometimes I see people looking for their images and wondering where they are being used or by whom they were bought. It is just a useless curiosity. I really do not wonder and mind whosoever bought my image and where he or she used it ! Who cares ? ( by the way I thank them all ) Instead use your time to find new concepts.
I also strongly believe that the future of stock photography will be much better than today. Our world is becoming a place of visual elements. New images, new ideas and new concepts will always be needed. Free images , free sites, the ability of capturing digital images will not threaten real professionals and the ones who really work hard.
Well, lets summarize all the lines I wrote;
If you are a dabbler there is nothing you need to worry. Keep on capturing images and share them in your stocks. It is great !
If you think the Photography as a job, take it as a whole and work on it. Read all about, try new ideas, ask, share , do everything to improve yourself and your work.
And please think positive !
Thanks for reading
Photo credits: Serdar Tibet.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava