Photography - are you appreciating?
Photography is an art, correct and yes.
We appreciate what is around us that is why we take photographs of them.
However, I realise that in the process of achieving the final product and art piece, we lose the instantaneous appreciation of the subject.
Shooting sports photography, while trying to get that 'emotional' shots of the players' expression and action, we lose knowledge of the whole gameplay.
Shooting a dance concert indoor, we capture beautiful postures and poses for later appreciation but we paid the tickets to shoot and not enjoy the play as a sequence.
Shooting macro of insects, our eyes look near, never looking far and appreciating the environment.
Sometimes as photographers, do take a break, we need to appreciate things around us not by shooting, sometimes pure looking and thinking its a more pleasurable way of seeing the big picture. =)
Photo credits: Koh Sze Kiat.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava