Picture preview software
First I would like to welcome you to my new blog. This is my first article.
Today I would like to talk about the viewing and handling of images on your computer. There are several programs for this, some are free, but most of them are not.
One of the best known is of course ACDSee. The new ACDSee pro 2 is a very good tool for all kinds of photographers. And with a price of $130 it is also very affordable.
A bit more professionally orientated is the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and the price is also professional - $300. If you buy it together with PS CS3 only $200.
But I am not here to sell you some expensive piece of software. I am an amateur photographer, I think that most of you out there are and I bet you don't have the money to afford this kind of software.
Because I spent my last money on a new semi-professional digital camera I had to come up with an alternative. And I found it, it's called Xn View. It's free to download and free to use and it supports and converts over 400 different graphic formats. Also all RAW formats from different image sensors. It allows tab browsing, has a histogram, reads the whole EXIF and allows minor adjustments to your images. I have been using it for about a month now and I am pretty satisfied with it.
This concludes this article, I hope it was helpful.
Thank you for reading it.
Miha, over and out!
Photo credits: Valcristescu.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory