Pictures with news value
Following question got stuck in my head? What about pictures with a certain news value? Will something that is all over the news be noticed on DT?
Ok, first let me clarify something: I live in Belgium, a small European country known for beer, wafels and chocolates so, ... pictures with a news value on some "big" topic is something rare. Secondly I'm no photojournalist but I might have something that is relevant to a current news item.
This year, lot's of events will take place in remembrance of the first world war (14-18) and this is a "hot" topic all over Belgium and France, and I guess in other countries as well. A few weeks ago I decided to take a couple of pictures relevant to WOI. I've visited Ypers, a town that is known for the battles that went down there. You can find a lot of memorial sites in that region and they are all worth visiting. People from all over the world come to visit these memorial sites. So when I found out a couple of days ago that Mr President Obamah will be stopping by our small country later this week, to visit a cemetery of USA soldiers who lost their lives during WOI, I figured, there might be something there.
Will these pictures be successful because of the news value they have? Is it a good idea to monitor the news and try to anticipate on events? Do people find these pictures relevant? Let's see and find out the next few days! ;-)
In the meantime, happy shooting and good sales to all of you!
Photo credits: ClaireCphotography.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite