In reading the numerous blogs and message boards offering advice on how to increase sales many of the seasoned Dreamstimers suggest diversification. Often said is try something new, shoot something different, be bold, be creative, invent! So, with that in mind here are my efforts at photographing something new.
My husband and friends all avid golfers happily signed model releases -- my gosh you should hear the bragging at the local pub -- there are bets as to who‘s photo will sell first!
I’ve become acquainted with the marshals and pros at our local courses and with their kind permission have had several marvelously fun days being toured around the courses shooting to my hearts content.
On a personal note, I‘ve always enjoyed the game of golf in the respect of, and referred to it as “Husband Daycare“. Well, seems it can keep a photographer entertained as well.
Here is my attempt at diversification, shooting something other than bees bugs and butterflies, improving my portfolio and hopefully increasing my sales. Would love to hear what you think. As always your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Photo credits: Marilyn Gould.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs