Postcard from Ecuador
With stunning part of the Andean landscape, colorful indigenous communities, some pretty decent flight connections, not to mention the stopping off point for the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador is one of the essential stops on the South American gringo-trail. Quito is the first (and often last!) stop for many - and is a great place to learn some Spanish, and often a launching pad for the Galapagos Islands. There is however a lot more to Ecuador.
After being in one place for a while in Colombia, it felt like I was just getting going again by the time I got to Ecuador. I almost didn't make it after the wheel literally fell off the bus on the way to the border town of Ipailes in Colombia. With only a short stop for the driver to collect the wheel again, and re-attach it to the bus, I did however get there in one piece. Just part of the normal South-American travel experience!
Photo credits: , Holger Mette.
- Tip of the week: How to be more visible to buyers
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience