From the Prairie to the Tropis
I was thrilled that one of my photos was used in a blog by Sebastian Feszler, and it prompted me to write one to introduce myself and say HELLO.
I've lived in several countries, and off and on blue water sailboats for the past twenty five years.
For the past three years I have been in Nebraska, getting our
girls through college and saving "cruising cookies". My Florida blood makes the midwest weather hard to take and I started submitting to Dreamstime to help me get through the winter, improve my photography, and see if I could get any accepted.
Now, it has become a quest.
I have a number of photos in mind to have in my portfolio, but it will take a while!! I am still learning and need to diversify more.
I have been taking pics since I bought my first, used, Nikon F. (Those of you who can even remember the "F" can figure it out). My husband bought me a D70 which intimidated me for a long time, now I have a D200.
Anyway, I started photographing my daughter's horse.
In June, my husband and I will move to the West Indies where we have a sailboat in Trinidad. From there, we hope to complete a circumnavigation which we began twenty years ago.
I will have to switch my subjects from horses on the plains to sailboats on the ocean.
Thanks Dreamstime for all the support and those downloads are going to come in handy for a couple of sailing bums!!
Photo credits: Donna Kilday.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images