Priorities - Wake-up Call
Being unable to find employment since having been laid off last month, I have focused a majority of my time, thoughts, and energy into creating images and uploading here to DT. At the same time, I've been thinking about my aging cat and his arthritis, and how I don't have the money to take him to the vet. In my moment of wisdom (sense the sarcasm), I crushed an Aleve pill into his water to try to ease his pain. Well, it seems that he has had a toxic reaction to this NSAID. We had been advised to give this drug to our aging dogs in the past. I did not know that it could not be given to cats.
After a 2am visit to the emergency vet and several phone calls today, plus a prescription pickup, the overall prognosis seems optimistic. He only ingested a small dosage and his bloodwork looks okay.
Right now, my sweet kitty is lying on his favorite floor pillow behind me with the space heater directed toward him. He has been sleeping or laying around all day. Me? I feel like a horrible person. Because of my poor prioritizing by sticking my hobbies in front of my family (yes, pets are family), I have caused pain to a dearly loved furry friend who trusts me. He keeps looking up at me like he wants me to make it all go away. I wish I could.
For all of those who read this, please heed this lesson. Please do not let your passion for photography / illustrating grow into an obsession, causing you to lose sight of your real priorities.
These are some pictures I have online of my sweet kitty. He is about 17-years-old and a purebred Blue Point Siamese.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Tip of the week: Adjusting exposure in post processing
- 3 Top Secrets to help you Shoot professional Photos on your smartphone
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe