I recently picked up a light tent for small product photography and
wanted to share my initial tests. The one I purchased was the
Dynaphos DPL-005L 24x24 LightCube. It packs really small and comes with 4 different backdrops (Black, White, Red and Blue).
Please note that you cannot use these backdrops once you unpack it. The backdrops have so many creases in them which makes them impossible to use as-is.
I had to use my steamer to iron out the very stubborn folds. This is
the only way I could use any of the backdrops.
For my test I set up 3 studio strobes around the light tent. Both
sides and the rear. Here are 2 images I was able to produce.
The investment was small. It was $34.99 CAD at Henrys in Toronto. I'm happy with how the walls of the cube softens up the shadows. It's great, IF you're shooting small objects.
Honestly, for $35 you can't go wrong.
Photo credits: Robseguin.
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People
- How Not to Miss Shots While On the Road
- Is the mobile phone going to replace our cameras?