Props that pay for themselves
One of the fun things of stock photography is that you can take photos of, and make money from, things you already own. I find it hard to predict which shots will ultimately make money so I hesitate to actually purchase props for stock, but I love it when I end up earning enough from sales to actually pay for the item I photographed! Here are a few examples - feel free to share your own in the comments (but let keep the objects' value over $5 so we don't have endless shots of paperclips and food that paid for themselves with a single sale!).
Now if I could just get my trip to Hawaii to pay for itself :)
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- Tip of the week: How to be more visible to buyers
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience