Props that pay for themselves
One of the fun things of stock photography is that you can take photos of, and make money from, things you already own. I find it hard to predict which shots will ultimately make money so I hesitate to actually purchase props for stock, but I love it when I end up earning enough from sales to actually pay for the item I photographed! Here are a few examples - feel free to share your own in the comments (but let keep the objects' value over $5 so we don't have endless shots of paperclips and food that paid for themselves with a single sale!).
Now if I could just get my trip to Hawaii to pay for itself :)
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite