Recently a local newspaper of Ventura County held a photo competition with the idea of creating a coffee table book entitled “Capture Ventura County”. The book would highlight landscapes, daily life, newsworthy events, sports and recreation, people, pets and nature as captured by local photographers.
Nearly 10,000 entries were received from 549 photographers, and only 250 images would be selected for publication.
The release party was Friday November 21. I did not receive any of the prizes but I am beaming all the same, 3 of my photos were chosen for publication in the book. I feel like I won everything!
Best of all, once again my favorite little model the jumping spider is a star. This photo received a full page in the book!
My very best wishes to all for a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!
Photo credits: Marilyn Gould.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget