Recently a local newspaper of Ventura County held a photo competition with the idea of creating a coffee table book entitled “Capture Ventura County”. The book would highlight landscapes, daily life, newsworthy events, sports and recreation, people, pets and nature as captured by local photographers.
Nearly 10,000 entries were received from 549 photographers, and only 250 images would be selected for publication.
The release party was Friday November 21. I did not receive any of the prizes but I am beaming all the same, 3 of my photos were chosen for publication in the book. I feel like I won everything!
Best of all, once again my favorite little model the jumping spider is a star. This photo received a full page in the book!
My very best wishes to all for a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!
Photo credits: Marilyn Gould.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon