Since many lenses can not focus all colours to same convergence point, Chromatic Aberration becomes a major problem for many photographers.
If you are shooting in RAW mode , you have the chance to get rid of this fringing in your raw editor. However in some cases when you forget or dont like to make too many chances in raw editor , you still have another simple way to clean these dummy lines in different colors with the help of Photoshop.
1 - Open your image with fringing
2 - Copy background layer ( Ctrl + J for PC )
3 - Choose Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur
4 - Set it to 15
5 - Choose "color" blending mode for your copy layer.
It is so easy !
Now examine your image and you will see that all fringing has gone. You can turn off the second copy layer and see the difference between two layers.
Finaly press Ctrl + E to flatten your image and save it as jpeg.
Thanks for reading.
Photo credits: Serdar Tibet.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images