Reasons for Rejection: Take Heed!
First off, please indulge me--I would like to announce my FIRST sale… hoooraaaaay! Finally!
Oh, that felt grrreat!
Now onto the real topic.
I especially want to call the attention of newbies like me to not take for granted the reasons for rejection in your refused photos. I’m ashamed to admit that I am guilty of bypassing the links sometimes referenced in my rejected files thinking that I’ve seen them before or I kind of know what they’re talking about already.
Recently, however, to give answer to my “why’s” after a couple of my “sure balls” were… yes, rejected, I thought I’d take a moment to actually read the article completely, vice just browsing through it, as I did previously. In particular:
Boy, was it an eye opener! Items I never thought copyright-protected just might be. I have at least one other submission pending review that now I know will be rejected after reading this… and I am going to retract it! Will sure save the editor’s time and my AR from its further decline!
And yes, it’ll also be worth your while to read through the exchange of comments on the topic—lots of info there complementing the article.
Photo credits: Jennifer Pitiquen.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava