The Wall is situated in the Parc des Bastions on the grounds of the University of Geneva which was also founded by Calvin. The wall also marked the 350 years of the existence of the university.
The Wall itself is a 100 meters long. In the center are the imposing figures of Calvinism’s main proponents Theodore Beza, John Calvin, William Farel and John Knox. These statues are 5 meters in height. On either side, these figures are flanked by 3 meter statues of other prominent Protestant figures from different countries who contributed to the development of the movement at various points in its history. In effect the length of the Wall covers around 450 years in the history of Protestantism.
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Switzerland related image searches
Photo credits: Abdul Sami Haqqani.