The Wall is situated in the Parc des Bastions on the grounds of the University of Geneva which was also founded by Calvin. The wall also marked the 350 years of the existence of the university.
The Wall itself is a 100 meters long. In the center are the imposing figures of Calvinism’s main proponents Theodore Beza, John Calvin, William Farel and John Knox. These statues are 5 meters in height. On either side, these figures are flanked by 3 meter statues of other prominent Protestant figures from different countries who contributed to the development of the movement at various points in its history. In effect the length of the Wall covers around 450 years in the history of Protestantism.
Photo credits: Abdul Sami Haqqani.
All about color
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - ISO
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step