The Wall is situated in the Parc des Bastions on the grounds of the University of Geneva which was also founded by Calvin. The wall also marked the 350 years of the existence of the university.
The Wall itself is a 100 meters long. In the center are the imposing figures of Calvinism’s main proponents Theodore Beza, John Calvin, William Farel and John Knox. These statues are 5 meters in height. On either side, these figures are flanked by 3 meter statues of other prominent Protestant figures from different countries who contributed to the development of the movement at various points in its history. In effect the length of the Wall covers around 450 years in the history of Protestantism.
Photo credits: Abdul Sami Haqqani.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava