The Wall is situated in the Parc des Bastions on the grounds of the University of Geneva which was also founded by Calvin. The wall also marked the 350 years of the existence of the university.
The Wall itself is a 100 meters long. In the center are the imposing figures of Calvinism’s main proponents Theodore Beza, John Calvin, William Farel and John Knox. These statues are 5 meters in height. On either side, these figures are flanked by 3 meter statues of other prominent Protestant figures from different countries who contributed to the development of the movement at various points in its history. In effect the length of the Wall covers around 450 years in the history of Protestantism.
Photo credits: Abdul Sami Haqqani.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings