Relationship between portfolio and sales
I want to share some data and analysys that I think can be of some interest to all.
In this 2008 alone, I've raised my portfolio of almost 100% to a total of 2690 images online (and the year is not over yet!).
I can testify that also earnings were also growing, going up 100 % - comparison October 2007 - October 2008.
During this year the approach was one of full commitment to microstock - new camera (Nikon D300), new equipment for studio, production of more images with more careful choice of subjects and quality.
Since end of 2006 (first year at Dreamstime), my earnings have improved a lot, around 4 times, with an increase of portofolio of almost 3 times (by this year end).
Something has been done thanks to some increase in commissions (also the subscriptions scheme), but I think I have sufficient proof that portfolio increase alone will do well, providing your portfolio is one of the two:
- highly professionally specialized or
- with a wide variety of themes (better if creative and original)
(Note: good quality and saleable images are obviously the first thing to consider)
This one below is the first image I have sold at Dreamstime... my very first microstock earning!
- 2017 in review - November and December: Bucharest protests renewed, Remembrance Day, AMA, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Christmas Around the World and more
- Love that couple!
- Commercial vs Editorial: why limit yourself?
- How to Easily (and Legally!) Create Olympic-Themed Ads
- Epic Design Tips for Creating Movie Posters
Photo credits: Saniphoto.