Religious festivals are photo opportunities
Religious festivals of all kinds are excellent opportunites to capture images for both stock and editorial use. They are usually public events with a strong community feel, involving music, processions and ceremonies of various kinds.
For Christians, especially Catholics all over the world, one of the most colourful is the Feast of Corpus Christi. The celebrations involve music, a procession and in some places the laying of elaborate flower carpets to mark out a route for the procession. These photos show examples of flower carpets created during Corpus Christi in 2008 in Galicia, Spain.
This year Corpus Christi takes place on June 3rd. If you can find a celebration near you, it could be well worth a visit.
Photo credits: , Denis Kelly.
All about color
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success