Rent a lens!
I could see this being great if you want to rent a specific lens for the occasional wedding or family photo shoot, or to get some specific shots (Tilt shift or fisheye?) without the expense of the full price.
It was fun fooling around with an f/2 lens for a while, the shallow depth of field is great to work with. This particular lens is known for being very sharp wide open, and it didn't disappoint me. That said, I've been thinking of getting a prime lens for a while now, and found it was quite tight on a crop sensor camera. It would be limited to outdoor shots, pretty much - but that is the case with my telephoto zoom as well.
All about color
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal