On the road again: Colombia
After spending a month and a half learning Spanish, I've decided its time to get moving again. In addition to a lot of Spanish classes I've concentrated on re-designing my website - it now has maps and new clickable pop-up galleries of images (including those that don't make it onto Dreamstime!), so should be much easier to navigate. I'd appreciate feedback on the new design and layout is welcome!
Cartagena... described as "a fairytale city of romance, legends and sheer beauty..." was my first stop on the South American continent. It was a pretty decent introduction to Colombia, even if the guidebook was overselling it a bit. It is also a great place for photography with lots of bright color, plenty of colonial architecture and a distinctly Caribbean feel to it. For the full story and photo, have a look at my Cartagena page!
Medellin ... is perhaps most famous internationally as being the former home of Colombia's most notorious drug dealer, Pablo Escobar. For those more familiar with Colombia, Medellin is also known for its seemingly endless supply of beautiful women, many of whom have an affinity with disproportionately sized silicone breast implants. For the full story and photos, have a look at my Medellin page!
On the road again
The last few months really haven't been prolific in terms of photography, but I have a full schedule of travel planned for the next month, so that should all change. In the next few weeks I'll be going up through the Colombian highlands, and into Ecuador. Even though most people seem to make the arduous bus trip from Quito to Cali (22hours) in one trip, I'll be taking about 2 weeks for the same stretch, stopping at Cali, Popayan, Ipailes, Ibarra and Octavalo before Quito!
Photo credits: Holger Mette.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays