Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. - Dreamstime
It's that time between Christmas and New Year when people start to think about making their New Year resolutions, often focussed on dieting and/or stopping smoking. I'm no exception to making them myself, likewise breaking them!
My New Year resolutions are going to be based around my photography, specifically stock. I thought that by writing them down I'd be more inclined to achieve the goals I've set myself for 2011 and will have something to come back to here when my resolve waivers and my motivation diminishes.
So, here are my goals for the journey through 2011:
500 images in my portfolio (mostly portraiture)
Higher production value for my new ideas
Find and work with more models (not a woman in sight so far!)
Set up a group-meet with other local photographers
Read more than Ross Halfin's diary
I think that's enough for 2011. My biggest aim would be the first one, expand my portfolio with quality images that are taken with purpose and the end-user in mind which is something I tend to forget (Shaving man holds toast in mouth? Eh?)
So, with that in mind preparations for my journey through 2011 begin with a clearer idea of what I want to see by 2012. Some additions to my kit-bag have arrived and initial contact made potential models. There are even seeds of ideas!
Now all I need is a Flux Capacitor and 1.21 Gigawatts.
Photo credits: , Mark Andrew.
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone
- Tip of the Week: Of Rodents and Patience
- Location Spotlight: Vogel State Park, Georgia USA
- Dog Rescue Photography: Scared Lee
- Portfolio Milestone: 1000 images uploaded and accepted